April 14, 1870
The second annual meeting of this club was held last evening in Buchanan’s Temperance Hotel – Mr. James Grant, the president, in the chair. The report, presented by the secretary, showed that during the past year – the first year of the club’s existence – it had gained two victories on both occasions, the members of the Hamilton Gymnasium Club being the opponents.
The first match was contested at Hamilton and the return match home. The report also showed that the club was financially in a satisfactory state, and that there now forty members on the roll, being an increase of two during the year.
The following office-bearers were re-elected: – Mr. Grant, president; Mr. T. Smith, treasurer; and Mr. N. Wotherspoon, secretary.
(Source: Glasgow Evening Post: April 15, 1870)