February 15, 1892
The Everton Club’s headquarters next and following seasons will be at Goodison Road, Mr. John Houlding not having deigned to reply to the ultimatum of the majority. The exodus will be taken regretfully, but there appears to be no alternative.
The majority have selected Mr. George Mahon to succeed Mr. William Barclay as vice-chairman, and it is rumoured that a gentleman well known in the fields of sport associated with steeple chasing and coursing will be the future president.
(Source: Liverpool Mercury: February 15, 1892)