May 21, 1892
The third annual general meeting of the Lancashire League was held at Bury, on Saturday afternoon, Alderman Bickerstaffe presided, and all the clubs except Heywood were represented.
The report and accounts were unanimously adopted. It was decided to extend the league to 13 clubs, and West Manchester, Liverpool Caledonians, Liverpool, and Fairfield were elected to the vacancies.
The guarantee for fixtures was increased from £10 to £20, and the admission to league matches was fixed at 4d.
Mr. Lightbown was re-elected secretary, and the conference for fixing matches will be held in Manchester on June 4.
(Manchester Courier: May 21, 1892)