June 10, 1892
Liverpool Caledonians, Limited. – Under this title, a limited liability company has been formed for the purpose of taking over the grounds known as Woodcroft Park, now occupied by the Liverpool Caledonian Association Football Club.
This club, it will be remembered, has been so successful during its first season that, besides being in the semi-final in the Liverpool Senior Cup Competition, it won the Liverpool Challenge Shield, and gained admission to the Lancashire League.
The grounds are in an excellent position, close to Wavertree Station, and are easily reached; and while suitable for football and cricket, the fast cinder track of a quarter of a mile fits them for cycling and athletic purposes. The covered grand stand holds 1,000 persons, and the uncovered grand stand 2,000, while altogether 30,000 spectators can be accommodated.
The capital of the company will be £5,000, in 500 preference shares and 500 ordinary shares of £5 each. Mr. Thomas T. Wainwright (chairman of the Toxteth Local Board) is chairman of the board of directors, the other members being Mr. Robert Kirkland, Dr. Robert G. Roberts, Sir William Watson Rutherford, and Dr. David Smart. The registered offices of the company are at 20, South John-street.
(Liverpool Mercury: June 10, 1892; via http://www.britishnewspaperarchive.co.uk) © 2018 Findmypast Newspaper Archive Limited