December 31, 1892
Match: Lancashire League, at Anfield.
Liverpool – Heywood Central 6-2 (3-1).
Liverpool (2-3-5): Sydney Ross; Andrew Hannah (C), Duncan McLean; John McCartney, Joe McQue, James McBride; Thomas Wyllie, Matt McQueen, John Miller, Malcolm McVean, Hugh McQueen.
Heywood Central (2-3-5): W.H. Sharples; Pearson, Jones, Webster.
The goals: 1-0 Miller (1 min., assist: Wyllie), 2-0 Wyllie (assist: McQue), 3-0 Wyllie, 3-1 Pearson, 4-1 McVean, 5-1 McVean, 5-2 Jones (pen.), 6-2 M. McQueen (89 min.).
The Liverpool goals:
* Thomas Wyllie and Matt McQueen (who played vice Jock Smith) cantered up the field and secured a corner, which being nicely put in by Wyllie, was neatly converted by MILLER.
* Shortly afterwards McQue judiciously gave to WYLLIE, and that player obtained the second goal.
* Immediately after WYLLIE put on a third.
* MCVEAN then became noticeable in scoring two fine goals.
* Just on time the two MCQUEENS put in a splendid piece of work, and were deservedly applauded.
Categories: League matches