December 31, 1892
Match: Lancashire League, at Anfield.
Liverpool – Heywood Central 6-2 (3-1).
Liverpool (2-3-5): Sydney Ross; Andrew Hannah (C), Duncan McLean; John McCartney, Joe McQue, James McBride; Thomas Wyllie, Matt McQueen, John Miller, Malcolm McVean, Hugh McQueen.
Secretary: William Barclay.
Heywood Central (2-3-5): W.H. Sharples, J. Pearson, T. Evans, T. Woolfall, L. Scholes, William Reagan, E. Jones, McWhinnie, Jack Horsfield, W. Allan. W. Webster.
Secretary: W. Clegg.
The goals: 1-0 Miller (1 min., assist: Wyllie), 2-0 Wyllie (assist: McQue), 3-0 Wyllie, 3-1 Pearson, 4-1 McVean (assist: McQue), 5-1 McVean, 5-2 Jones (pen.), 6-2 M. McQueen (89 min., assist: H. McQueen).
* Liverpool Mercury: “A big victory for Liverpool against Heywood Central”;
* Liverpool Mercury: “Weekly review”;
* Athletic News: “A great win by Liverpool”;
* Cricket and Football Field: “Liverpool again head the Lancashire League”;
* Athletic News: “The heights and weights of the Liverpool players”;