June 8, 1893
The annual general meeting of the Liverpool and District Football Association was held at the Neptune Hotel, Clayton-square last evening, for the transaction of business and view of the ensuing season. Mr. A.B. Hull, president, occupied the chair, and the attendance was fairly good. The balance sheet, presented by Mr. James Grant, hon. treasurer, was adapted. It showed a credit balance of £270 15s. 10d.
Several alterations in the rules proposed by the committee were considered. The committee intimated that they intended to institute a minor cup competition next season, and the meeting empowered them to do this and to draw up rules for the same.
Subsequently the following officers were re-elected: – president, Mr. A.B. Hull; vice-presidents, Messrs. H. Heard and D.S. Lamont; honorary treasurer, Mr. James Grant; honorary secretary, Mr. R.E. Lythgoe. The following thirteen members were by ballot elected as the committee for the ensuing season: – Inspector Churchill, Messrs. J. Bagliff, W. Beckett, W. Bentley, R.F. Daglish, A.J. O’Donoghue, William Houlding, W.P. Lomax, R. Molyneux, W. Roche, W. Gerrard, jun., P.G. Twist, and A. Valentine. – The meeting closed with a vote of thanks to Mr. Hull for presiding.
(Source: Liverpool Mercury: June 9, 1893)