November 18, 1905
The new ground that has been constructed by Messrs. Pilkington Brothers at City-road, St. Helens, for the use of the St. Helens Recreation Football Club, will be opened this afternoon by Colonel Richard Pilkington, C.B. The ground, when fully equipped with stands, &c., will be the best enclosure in the district.
The Recs will play Earlestown in an English Cup tie and there is sure to be a big gathering. The Recs’s team will consist of: – Roughley, goal; Turner and Clegg, backs; Hunter, Martin, and Potter. Half backs; Clarke, Hogan, Roberts, W. Dagnall, and Kearns, forwards.
(Liverpool Daily Post: November 18, 1905)