December 2, 1905
Match: Football League, First Division, at Anfield, kick-off: 14:30.
Liverpool – Aston Villa 3-0 (2-0).
Referee: Mr. F.H. Dennis; linesmen: Messrs. J.R. Broughton and H. Chippendale.
Liverpool (2-3-5): Sam Hardy, Alf West, Billy Dunlop, Maurice Parry, Alex Raisbeck (C), James Bradley, Arthur Goddard, Robert Robinson, Joe Hewitt, Sam Raybould, John Cox.
Aston Villa (2-3-5): Billy George, Howard Spencer (C), Albert Evans, Joe Pearson, Alex Leake, Jack Windmill, George Garratt, Billy Garraty, Charlie Millington, Joe Bache, Albert Hall.
The goals: 1-0 Cox (16 min.), 2-0 Hewitt (30 min.), 3-0 Own goal (Spencer, 60 min.).
** The match also served as the benefit for Sam Raybould.
** Aston Villa played in white jerseys.
* Liverpool Daily Post: “The stiffest of tussles awaits”.
* Liverpool Daily Post: “Team arrangements for this day”.
* Manchester Courier: “Benefit for Sam Raybould”.
* Liverpool Daily Post: “Popular Aston Villa beaten at Anfield”.
* Athletic News: “Sam Raybould’s harvest”.
* Sporting Life: “Liverpool’s great win over Aston Villa”.
Sam Raybould, Liverpool F.C.
Sam Hardy, Liverpool F.C. (Athletic News: November 13, 1905).
James Bradley, Liverpool F.C. (Athletic News: December 11, 1905).
Robert Robinson, Liverpool F.C. (Athletic News: December 25, 1905).
Joe Hewitt, Liverpool F.C. (Athletic News: October 9, 1905).
Albert Evans, Aston Villa F.C. (Athletic News: October 23, 1905).
Joe Bache, Aston Villa F.C. (Athletic News: February 5, 1906).