July 26, 1906
It has been decided to float a limited liability Association football club at Atherton, to take over the ground, players, and other assets of the Church House organisation, which figured in the Lancashire Combination A Division.
The capital is £500 in 10s share. The players taken over include Hewitt, Mockett, Martincroft, and Williams of last season’s team: Leach (Bolton Wanderers), Madden and Lockwood (Stalybridge), Robinson (Liverpool), Tonge, Denton, and Baxendale (St. Helens): and it is stated that their transfer value alone is considerably more than the sum paid for the old club’ assets.
(Liverpool Daily Post: July 26, 1906)