Other clubs news

Celtic F.C. groundsman’s error


November 19, 1923
Drank liniment in mistake for medicine.
Suffering from poisoning, William Quinn (47), who is employed as a groundsman to Celtic Football Club, was admitted to Glasgow Royal Infirmary yesterday, and his condition at present is regarded as serious.

It appears that Mr. Quinn, who resides at 750 Great Eastern Road, Glasgow, had been feeling ill during the night, and rose from bed in order to obtain a bottle of medicine from a cupboard.

There was a number of other bottles in the cupboard, and he apparently lifted the wrong bottle by mistake. Mr. Quinn had taken a quantity of liniment consisting of a mixture of aconite, belladonna, and chloroform, before the error was discovered.

An ambulance waggon was summoned immediately and the unfortunate man was removed to the Infirmary, where he lies in an unconscious condition.
(Dundee Courier: November 20, 1923)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s