December 15, 1938
Bob Ireland, former St. Johnstone, Glasgow Rangers and Liverpool footballer, was at Perth Dean of Guild Court to-day granted permission to build shops in the Muirton district.
The ground on which the shops are to be built is on the west side of Balhousie Street near Florence Place, and is part of the vacant plot used as the St Johnstone car park. He was given permission to build two shops.
(Evening Telegraph: December 15, 1938)