April 24, 1945
James Street, Liverpool, takes its name from an old city family. It was partly built in 1680, and may be classed amongst the earliest streets of the city.
The Old Fish Market, built in 1791, extended along Fenwick Street and part of the way down Moor Street. It was dismantled in 1839.
(Evening Express: April 24, 1945)