January 7, 1893
Liverpool Old Boys have acquired the ground known as Woodcroft Park, Wavertree, lately occupied by Caledonians F.C., and their home matches will be played on it in future. The accommodation for spectators is excellent, there being two stands (one covered), about 40 yards long each, with ample press conveniences.
There is also a good racing track, and the ground is very suitable for race meetings. The situation is most central, being only a minute`s walk from Wavertree Station, and within easy distance of Sefton Park, Wavertree, and Fairfield. The turf is perfectly level and well drained.
(Liverpool Mercury: January 7, 1893)
Article from the Liverpool Football Echo, Saturday, January 7 – 1893.