March 25, 1950
Match: FA Cup, Semi Final, at Maine Road, kick-off: 15:00.
Liverpool – Everton 2-0 (2-0).
Attendance: 72,000; gate receipt: £13,497.
Referee: Mr. C.W. Fletcher (Northwich); linesmen: Messrs.: R.S. Lloyd (Shropshire) and E.G. Shorting (Norfolk)..
Liverpool (2-3-5): Cyril Sidlow, Ray Lambert, Eddie Spicer, Phil Taylor (C), Bill Jones, Bob Paisley, Jimmy Payne, Kevin Baron, Albert Stubbins, Willie Fagan, Billy Liddell.
Everton (2-3-5): George Burnett, Eric Moore, Jack Hedley, Jackie Grant, David Falder, Peter Farrell (C), Ted Buckle, Eddie Wainwright, Harry Catterick, Wally Fielding, Tommy Eglington.
The goals: 1-0 Paisley (29 min.), 2-0 Liddell (62 min.).
* Aberdeen Journal: “Many hurt in ticket rush”;
* Daily Mirror: “A plan to cut Liddell and Liverpool out of the cup”;
* Liverpool Echo: “Merseyside’s biggest day”;
* Liverpool Echo: “It’s a Liverpool v Arsenal final”;
* Liverpool Daily Post: “The finest Liverpool v Everton of all time”;
The official match programme for the FA Cup semi final at Maine Road.
Billy Liddell, Liverpool F.C. (from private collection):
Eric Moore, Everton F.C. (from private collection):